Volunteers are our lifeblood. Over 800 volunteers work at the branch, regional and national levels, providing leadership, delivering member services and advocating on behalf of our Association. Each of those volunteers is driven by and committed to making a difference.
Join the Association’s Volunteer Team
As a retiree, you provide your expertise and time. Our Association provides long term, short term and/or episodic volunteer opportunities for you to:
- chair committees, providing leadership at the branch and national levels
- advocate on behalf of our entire membership to protect the pensions and benefits and to promote the interests of retired federal employees, veterans, Canadian Armed Forces personnel and RCMP members
- promote income security and healthy aging for all Canadians in retirement
- help plan promotional events (local and national) to grow our membership and increase our influence
- develop and deliver activities focusing on volunteer recruitment, development, recognition and succession
- provide training, administrative support and event planning for the branches
These are just a few of the exciting volunteer opportunities with the National Association of Federal Retirees.
- Contact the National Office, Gail Curran, Volunteer Engagement Officer at 613-745-2559, ext. 235 or email@example.com
- Network and connect through regional branch events by contacting your local branch